Some point-outs regarding the next game.
1. It’s going to be mega. By this, I mean not only awesome, but there are going to be changes. Events will occur that will alter the game permanently. Please be ready for that. The basic theme and setting will not be touched (like, we’re not gonna pull a Voyager and be lost in some distant galaxy from now on), but things WILL change.
2. Loose ends are going to be tied up. Things that you may not even remember because they seemed insignificant at the time, or things you thought were inclusive and episodic will end up being important. This is only cool if you get to have a ‘Ohhhhhhh, so THAT’S what that was’ moment, so as I mentioned before, start thinking about past games and stuff that happened.
3. I feel like a douche saying this from all the times other STs have said it and sounded like douches, but please trust me and Kyle for this game. There’s stuff I’ve had planned from right after the first game (when you guys said you wanted another session), and to have it come to fruition means certain things need to happen. This is the time for positive meta-gaming; if something seems unsolvable, unplayable or otherwise impossible, OOCly tell yourself that it’s necessary and will lead to other things. You can’t see the future and I can, so I have the benefit of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when you may not. This doesn’t mean your actions will be meaningless, or that everything you do will be blocked or fail. What you do, actually, will have a great bearing on many aspects of the game.
4. Please forgive me if I tell you ‘no’ or mess up your theories. There are several points in game that have been debated and people have come up with awesome theories, but some of those theories may turn out to be wrong. This isn’t because I want to screw up all your work and RP, but because I’ve known the answers as an ST since Game One, and I need to stick to them, again, for next game to work. There are also things you guys have come up with that were way better than what I had, so I took ‘em and made them true.
5. Please don’t do anything humongous, character-wise, before next game. I made it a month in-between games for a reason, and one of those reasons is that I need people to be generally status-quo from last session. Nova enlisting, Denton’s cure, and Parr’s brain being holey are all fine. Just don’t go too crazy. No sex-change operation for Gull and no getting pregnant for Sadie or Jenks going completely insane.