The Breezes of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Breezes of Heaven

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ambience thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pendragon

pendragon

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:11 am

So... what kind of things can we do for ambiance?

I realize that we're blacking over the windows so no light gets in... but what else can we do? Can we crank AC stupid low to represent how cold space is, or are we consiering life support systems would keep the temperature reasonable?

What can I say, I dig sensory immersion. The idea of not seeing the sun for three days is kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:18 am

We're blacking the windows, and I've also got a CD made that will offer a thrumming sound effect for the background/engine. We'll have a projector to use as a viewscreen with a starfield effect. Kyle and Matt have made a bridge console that should be totally amazing. I also have a couple surprises in store.

I'll cover this in detail tomorrow night, but you guys are coming over and going immediately In-Character, so you won't be doing set-up. But if you have ideas, toss 'em at me and I'll try to implement them.
Back to top Go down
https://ilarp.forumotion.net
pendragon

pendragon

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:20 am

As silly as this sounds, can the engine thrumming be heard in every room?

On one hand, I think that would be cool... I don't want it to interuppt people sleeping though. Other than making it stupid cold, which likewise may not be possible for OOC reasons, I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:24 am

It's a CD, so even if we all went to bed with it going, it'd stop after an hour. And it's actually gonna be out in the front room, kitchen and living room. So, it's not going to disturb anyone in a bedroom. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Hmmm...Not really sure what else we can do. Given I'm usually good at this stuff I'd say you thus have it pretty well in hand.

btw, you going over arrival times tomorrow in the chat?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Arrivals are gonna be the biggest thing I'm covering, actually. So, absolutely. There's a bunch of stuff to talk about, but that's at the top of the list.
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Okay. I'll have Jake drop off the water and such when he picks up the jackets.

On Ambiance - one thing I can mention is little things like take the labels off the water - put away brand name stuff that might be lieing around as they'll tend to jar us out of the mood.

Uh... if I think of anything else I'll toss you a line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ambience thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambience thoughts   Ambience thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ambience thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Breezes of Heaven :: The Setting-
Jump to: