The Breezes of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Breezes of Heaven

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GAF military awards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
minxlette

minxlette

GAF military awards Empty
PostSubject: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:58 pm

(taken from current US awards- I tweaked a bunch to give a better lay out of stuff to choose from)

The Medal of Honor - is the highest military decoration awarded by Global Administration. It is bestowed on a member of the GAF who distinguishes himself "conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States."[1] Because of the nature of its criteria, the medal is often awarded posthumously. It may only be awarded to an enlisted member

The Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) is the second highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of the GAF, awarded for extreme gallantry and risk of life in actual combat with an armed enemy force. Actions that merit the Distinguished Service Cross must be of such a high degree to be above those required for all othe decorations but not meeting the criteria for the Medal of Honor. It may only be awarded to an enlisted member.

The Distinguished Service Medal is the highest non-valorous military and civilian decoration of the United States of America military which is issued for exceptionally meritorious service to the Global Administration. This medal is typically awarded for long or diligent service and may be given either to an enlisted member of the GAF or to a civilian employee.

The Silver Star is awarded for gallantry in action against an enemy It may be awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity with the GAF, distinguishes himself or herself by extraordinary heroism involving one of the following actions: In action against an enemy of the Global Administration While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which Global Administration is not a belligerent party. It is the 3rd highest valor award and may be rewarded to an enlisted member or to a civilian employee.

The Legion of Merit is a military decoration of the United States armed forces that is awarded for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements. This award may be given for participation in a particularly meritorious mission or discovery and denotes superior service and conduct. This award may be given to an enlisted member or civilian employee.

The Distinguished Flying Cross is a medal awarded to any officer or enlisted member of the GAF armed forces who distinguishes himself or herself in support of operations by "heroism or extraordinary achievement while participating in an aerial flight." This award may only be given to enlisted pilots.

The Soldier's Medal is awarded to any person of the Armed Forces of the GAF while serving in any capacity, distinguished himself or herself by heroism not involving actual conflict with an enemy.

The Purple Heart is a GAF decoration awarded in the name of the Global Administration to those who have been wounded or killed in the line of service. This medal was previously only awarded to enlisted members, however, after the colonial skirmishes, the honor was extendable to civilians given the sheer number of contracted employees who were injured in the skirmishes that had served in valorous capacity.
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 pm

As a side note, if folks can figure out what they want/have won and let us know, Brit and I can decide some medals and make them. I'm not comfortable using actual military medals but we can come up with some cool things.

For non-GAF awards we can do that too - pulitzers and nobel prizes and what not Wink
Back to top Go down
pendragon

pendragon

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:57 am

One thing we should add - current US military award structure provides for multiple awards, by adding stars or clusters. For example, being awarded a second Silver Star, would be referred to as "Silver Star, with star". I think it becomes a cluster after five awards. I may also be mis-remembering this, and it may be leaves, maple clusters, or somesuch. Regardless, it's a device to reflect multiple awards.

We kind of space-y thing do we want to do for multiple award icons?
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 am

I would say multiple awards are fine and we can handle that as we go once we sorta decide what people may have or not have.
Back to top Go down
pendragon

pendragon

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 am

The reason I say that is I imagine most of this batch have multiple purple hearts. Wink
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 am

several times over. Do they have a purple body award...?
Back to top Go down
Narzack

Narzack

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Lana Banana,

Do you have a listing of the medals that have been assigned?
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\narzack.tabulas.com
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 pm

It's assumed that standard Armed Forces awards have been "Upgraded" for us just so I don't have to make a full extra batch of ribbons alien

The Medal of Honor - is the highest military decoration awarded by Global Administration. It is bestowed on a member of the GAF who distinguishes himself "conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States."[1] Because of the nature of its criteria, the medal is often awarded posthumously. It may only be awarded to an enlisted member

Avery

The Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) is the second highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of the GAF, awarded for extreme gallantry and risk of life in actual combat with an armed enemy force. Actions that merit the Distinguished Service Cross must be of such a high degree to be above those required for all othe decorations but not meeting the criteria for the Medal of Honor. It may only be awarded to an enlisted member.

Jackson

The Distinguished Service Medal is the highest non-valorous military and civilian decoration of the United States of America military which is issued for exceptionally meritorious service to the Global Administration. This medal is typically awarded for long or diligent service and may be given either to an enlisted member of the GAF or to a civilian employee.

Avery

The Silver Star is awarded for gallantry in action against an enemy It may be awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity with the GAF, distinguishes himself or herself by extraordinary heroism involving one of the following actions: In action against an enemy of the Global Administration While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which Global Administration is not a belligerent party. It is the 3rd highest valor award and may be rewarded to an enlisted member or to a civilian employee.

The Legion of Merit is a military decoration of the United States armed forces that is awarded for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements. This award may be given for participation in a particularly meritorious mission or discovery and denotes superior service and conduct. This award may be given to an enlisted member or civilian employee.

Parr

The Distinguished Flying Cross is a medal awarded to any officer or enlisted member of the GAF armed forces who distinguishes himself or herself in support of operations by "heroism or extraordinary achievement while participating in an aerial flight." This award may only be given to enlisted pilots.

The Soldier's Medal is awarded to any person of the Armed Forces of the GAF while serving in any capacity, distinguished himself or herself by heroism not involving actual conflict with an enemy.

The Purple Heart is a GAF decoration awarded in the name of the Global Administration to those who have been wounded or killed in the line of service. This medal was previously only awarded to enlisted members, however, after the colonial skirmishes, the honor was extendable to civilians given the sheer number of contracted employees who were injured in the skirmishes that had served in valorous capacity.

Avery (Cluster)
Parr
Nova
Jackson (Cluster)

Colonial Skirmish Medal of Valor - awarded to members of the colonial skirmishes who demonstrated service or valor. Available to civilian contractors as well as GAF
Avery
Jackson
Parr

Commendation for Humanitarian Action - awarded to a member of the GAF or civilian contractor responsible for humanitarian outreach, accomplishment of diplomatic action, or accomplishment of heroic and extreme diplomatic or social outreach (often referred to as the hippie award by various grunts in the GAF marines)
Parr
Sadie
Nova

Misc:
Parr - Nobel Prize in Medicine
Parr - Apollonian gold medal of excellence in medicine
Parr - Tibbari Liberation Campaign medal/ribbon
Jenks - Bill Nye Science Award for Achievement in Research for his
prescient creation of xenocognizance.
Jenks - GA Science Foundation Award for paper, "Social Drift Among Ghosts"
Jenks - World's Greatest Dad Mug
Gull - Engineering Diploma
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

So some other thoughts:

Everyone at this point should have a purple heart cluster

There's also a 'valuable service" medal (I think it was distinguished service) that we should probably all have. This IS a pretty decorated crew after the last mission or two.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
justingo

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 am

If we wanted to get fancy with it, we could get purple heart replicas, but they are pricey at $38 or so:

They have half-size replicas at $13:

That site has a ton of other awards (stars, name plates, ribbons, dog tags, etc.) of all different price ranges.
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:07 am

We actually have a line on a site that does pressed brass findings with a ton of designs. I'm staying away from actual military replicas as I a) don't feel comfortable doing that and b) they're way more expensive. I can do a full medal for 1 to 2 bucks a piece (probably actually less) with the other site so mostly just need folks to fill in their awards so I know what to order Smile
Back to top Go down
pendragon

pendragon

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 am

Ok, so basedon the above list:

Hazard, Jackson A
GAF Marine Corp
Commander

Holder:
Distinguished Service Cross
Silver Starr - Televetica Incident
Purple Heart, with Cluster
Colonial Skirmish Medal of Valor

Anything else you need from me? Smile

Jake
Back to top Go down
justingo

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 pm

I think I've been wounded twice, so is that two purple hearts?

They don't have a medal for eating the biggest cheeseburger in the galaxy, do they? If so, I'm all over it.
Back to top Go down
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm

It'd be a cluster but noted
Back to top Go down
stareyed

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:02 pm

justingo wrote:
I think I've been wounded twice, so is that two purple hearts?

They don't have a medal for eating the biggest cheeseburger in the galaxy, do they? If so, I'm all over it.

We should totally have a plaque on the medal wall from 'Big Al's' commemorating Gull's successful downing of a monster cheezeburger
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:58 pm

...with a picture of him doing a thumbs-up.
Back to top Go down
https://ilarp.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAF military awards   GAF military awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAF military awards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Breezes of Heaven :: The Setting-
Jump to: