The Breezes of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Breezes of Heaven

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form

Go down 
+3
Sammhael
minxlette
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Empty
PostSubject: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 pm

(Your characters would receive this form as part of your crew documents. Please C&P the questionaire in a response to this post, with the answers provided by your character.)

Below you will find a basic psychological prolfiling survey form. These questions have been designed to allow us to evaluate any potential issues that might be triggered by various factors such as prolonged time in an enclosed environment, HSDS, interpersonal interactivity with fellow crew members, cognitive function and other stressors. Please answer these questions as thoroughly as you are able. Your answers will be viewed only by the the Global Health Organization's phsychologist on-staff at Isley.

Thank you for your cooperation.

1. If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the galaxy, where would it be? Why?

2. What’s the worst thing or person you could be trapped in a room with?

3. What would be the hardest thing, person or aspect of yourself for you to give up?

4. If you were a character on a soap opera, what would be a shocking twist about you that would precede a commercial break?

5. List three things you want, but are so unnecessary you would never buy them on your own.

6. Tell about a time when you felt the most:

...happy.

...scared.

...angry.

...sad.

7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

8. What’s a surefire way to elicit a good reaction from you? What about a bad reaction?

9. What is one of your pet peeves?

10. What is the quality you admire most in yourself?
Back to top Go down
https://ilarp.forumotion.net
minxlette

minxlette

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:43 pm

oc: trying to find a voice here as I go so bear with... interestingly enough I found some parts where she's totally willing to fib heh

<<1. If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the galaxy, where would it be? Why?>>

Back in the Oubliette in my store. I was quite happy there and it was very peaceful.

<<2. What’s the worst thing or person you could be trapped in a room with?>>

My ex-boyfriend. I have absolutely no desire to ever see that man again.

<<3. What would be the hardest thing, person or aspect of yourself for you to give up?>>

My empathic abilites. As much as I may hate to admit it, I've come to rely rather heavily on them despite the obvious drawbacks associated with knowing what people around you are feeling.

<<4. If you were a character on a soap opera, what would be a shocking twist about you that would precede a commercial break?>>

Who comes -up- with these questions?
I've no idea. I suppose that I secretly am not as emotionally sterile or calm as many people would like to expect of me. The cold-hearted bitch has a moment of heart before the newest ships engine oil commercial.

<<5. List three things you want, but are so unnecessary you would never buy them on your own.>>
Jewelry, a fancy dress, a vehicle - I prefer walking.

<<6. Tell about a time when you felt the most:

...happy.>>

When I became settled at the oubliette and established the trading post.

<<...scared.>>

When I originally left the military

<<...angry.>>

When I was recently blackmailed back into service in said military for Isley

<<...sad.>>

Leaving my previous boyfriend.

<<7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?>>

My inability to fully predict other peoples human reactions. I dislike the irrationality of it, but moreover I dislike the way that irrationality affects me.

<<8. What’s a surefire way to elicit a good reaction from you? What about a bad reaction?>>

I appreciate politeness and a certain amouont of distance. I dislike too much invasion of my personal space.

<<9. What is one of your pet peeves?>>

People who don't roll up the toothpaste tube from the bottom? Ah serious answers, yes of course.
Individuals who believe that the world centers on them.

<<10. What is the quality you admire most in yourself?>>

Practicality
Back to top Go down
Sammhael

Sammhael

PostSubject: Cotton Pahr's response   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 am

((OOC: I suspect Cotton believes in Psychiatry, but doesn't like it when it's applied to him. I might also be channelling some Dr. Cottle - I was rewatching some of my favorite BSG scenes recently.))

1. If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the galaxy, where would it be? Why?

- Anywhere where people deseperately need medical help and aren't getting it, because they probably need the help of a good physician a hell of a lot more than a bunch of people who's most dangerous activity in the next few months will be trying to avoid bumping their head climbing out of a cryospace tube.

- A psychological survey.

3. What would be the hardest thing, person or aspect of yourself for you to give up?

- Medicine.

4. If you were a character on a soap opera, what would be a shocking twist about you that would precede a commercial break?

- That I once shot a man in Calivada for asking me the dumbest question I'd ever heard. Funnily enough, it was still better than this question.

5. List three things you want, but are so unnecessary you would never buy them on your own.

1. A complete library of Classical music, including Beethoven, Debussey, Gershwin, Willie Nelson, David Bowie, and Sting.
2. A pipe
3. A gencattle ranch on Mars

...happy.

- about 20 minutes ago, before I opened this survey.

...scared.

- First day in Surgery. I was assisting in a NRBT procedure, and the attending surgeon had just attached the first two leads of the Neural Bypass when she suddenly started having a seizure. She'd just been to Ilio on a Doctors Without Borders trip, and no one had realized yet that people with AB blood sometimes have a 1 in a thousand chance of an allegic reaction to the green Resin trees that grow there. She had developed a clot in her brain, which caused a stroke, and she seized immediately.

The surgical resident who was supposed to be in the room had left, I couldn't remember why. I had never been in an OR before, and the only time I'd performed this operation on a person, they were a corpse in the gross anatomy lab. So, I have to quickly finish attaching the NRBT before the patient went into synaptic shock, and try and stabalize my attending to boot. I was terrified, and completely froze up on the spot. It took the OR nurse screaming into my ear to shock me out of it and begin moving. I swear, the entire time, there was a part of brain, way in the back, that wouldn't stop screaming and panicking while I finished the last seven leads on the Bypass. The patient turned out to be fine, thank God. The attending survived, too, but she had to give up surgery due to neural damage, seizures, and migraines that the clot caused. Too damn bad.

...angry.

- Don't generally get mad except when idiots, fools, and small-minded pencil-pushers get in the way of people just trying to help out other folks. Can't stand that kind of shit.

...sad.

- If you're reading this questionaire, you've read my file, and you know damn well the time I felt the "saddest." Let's move on.

- The same thing any good doctor would - I don't know everything there is to know about how the human body and mind work, and how to make it better when one of the trillion of things that can go wrong with it does.

8. What’s a surefire way to elicit a good reaction from you? What about a bad reaction?

- Good reaction? Don't be dumb, don't talk needlessly, do your job, and don't make any messes I have to go clean up. Bad reaction? Be dumb, talk constantly and needlessly about pointless crap, don't do your job, and make messes that I have to waste my valuable time fixing. I'm a simple man.

- Aside from what I've already covered? People who sing, but can't.

- My limitless patience and compassion towards all the fools of the verse, and my goddamn humility.
Back to top Go down
pendragon

pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:25 pm

- Back in the Carolina Colony during the Colonial Skirmishes. Everything seemed simpler then, I'd just gotten promoted to Lieutenant in the US military and despite how rough the dogfights were, it was just... simpler.

- Ghosts. I ain't fond of the whole "read your mind" part of dealing with them.

- Who writes these? Probably my service in the GAF.

- Are you seriously wasting my time with this question? I bet no one outside of some pencil dick in Isley reads this.

...happy.
- When I got my first puppy. I can't believe I am required to waste my time with this.

...scared.
- There's an old saying from the US Marines, pre-space flight days... that pain is weakness leaving the body. Same applies for GAF Marines, except that include fear, also.

...angry.
- We were in orbit around one of the moons of Televetica, with most of the crew down planet-side for some R&R. It was one of my first missions in one of the smaller frigates, and I'd been left in command because the Captain and XO were down on the planet as well. A couple of ships from the Prezcheck Colony come out from the magnetic pole, ringing on our scanners just a few seconds before we heard the grappling guns prang on the hull. We must've played dodge and grab for four hours on a skeleton crew, both of us ducking through the magnetic poles to screw up the other ship's sensors. Eventually managed to duck them long enough for a couple other cruisers to swing in and scare them off.

The best part? I get the XO ripping me a new one for breaking orbit without authorization.

...sad.
- No dice, slick.

- I've been told I'm too damn stubborn?

- Uh... use some common damned sense?

- Psych evals.

- My stellar personality.
Back to top Go down
Narzack

Narzack

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 pm

(Your characters would receive this form as part of your crew documents. Please C&P the questionaire in a response to this post, with the answers provided by your character.)

Below you will find a basic psychological prolfiling survey form. These questions have been designed to allow us to evaluate any potential issues that might be triggered by various factors such as prolonged time in an enclosed environment, HSDS, interpersonal interactivity with fellow crew members, cognitive function and other stressors. Please answer these questions as thoroughly as you are able. Your answers will be viewed only by the the Global Health Organization's phsychologist on-staff at Isley.

Thank you for your cooperation.

That’s easy. At the helm of my own ship. Anywhere in deep space, with no planets around, no asteroids, no wars, no people. Just peace. Why? Because it'd be nice. Relaxing. Don't have to worry about anyone or anything anymore.

Probably a ship with no engines. Or my dad.

My freedom, I think. Having my personal choice being taken away, being tied down. That sort of thing. I guess you could possibly read this as a fear of responsibility, psych-analyzer.

Maybe that I was almost directly responsible for the death of the entire crew of the Hemmingway.
Or that I hate soda.

I want a signed Emmitt Smith rookie card, the original workprint of Star Wars, and a cruiser of my own.

...happy.
The day I passed my flight test.

...scared.
My first blind atmosphere re-entry. No instruments, no comm, just praying that my math was up to speed.

...angry.
The day my Dad took my car away because I failed chemistry

...sad.
I don’t know. I don’t think I’m sad very often. I think it’s kind of a useless emotion. No point, doesn’t ever help things.

I think I kind of have a horse-head.

A good reaction? Tell me a joke. A good one, and not just one that’s dirty. Or make me a huge, greasy meal. Like one that would be served at a diner. I love that stuff. A bad reaction, well, probably insult my abilities. I’ve been known to throw a few punches for that.

I only have to name one? This is the easiest psych profile I’ve ever taken. People who call me flyboy, but in that derogatory way.

I’m a survivor. I also look good in a tux, horse-head aside.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\narzack.tabulas.com
Matto_the_Mighty

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 pm

In my bunk. Or the bunk of that hot, young thing they've got as quartermaster these days. The one that's practically falling out of her regs. Hell, while we're fantasizing, I'd like a fifth of rum and an afterburner.

Gold schlager. Its almost killed me three times, ashamed to say. If we're talking non-contraband things I might be trapped in the room with, I'd probably say hippies and pacifists.

The uniform.

I know this is going to come as a surprise. A big one. Brace yourself.

I like alcohol.

Also, I voted Globalist once. I was young, my haircut was bad, and there was this hot, hemp-wearing little piece of ass that really dug the cut of my regs.

So back in the Corva system we touched down and were enjoying some R&R when I came across these three prostitutes. I mean, three, packaged as one sweet deal, y'know? Anyway, I figured there's nothing I'd really do with three women that I haven't already done with one or two.

Hey, these are confidential, right?

...happy.

'bout the middle of the campaigns, I'd say. When the ball was still up in the air.

...scared.

Same.

...angry.

When it ended.

...sad.

Same.

Two livers.

"Good reaction"? How about, I'm a professional and I'll do my job, no matter what kind of shit-eating, 20-something bureacrat is calling the shots, and no matter how much I want to punch his freighter's coordinates through a micro-shower.

As for bad reaction, don't spit on the uniform, insult Old Glory or the corp, and don't hurt dogs. Past that, I'm cool. Most of the time.

People who don't know what they're doing.

The uniform.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:15 am

(Posting for Gogas, who did this via e-mail.)

Somewhere nice and quiet and free from the politics of this whole galactic colonization thing. Fixing spaceships. Yeah, that sounds nice. Not a care in the world.

The family of that medic that got killed on Carolina. After they knew that I set the bomb, of course.

It would have been the carefree life I used to lead that was nothing but fun, intrigue, and good loots. Now I suppose giving up solace and sanity would be the hardest.

I planted the bomb.

1. Every item in Snap-on's galactic XGS line of tools. Built for the roughest space conditions anywhere. But they are crazy expensive, and the ones I have do just fine.

2. A personal chef. Ever taste the food in some of these cargo ship expeditions? What I wouldn't give to stop eating stolen MRE rations stolen from the GAF. That's all we ate when we were ransacking colonial outposts.

3. A date with Avery Crane. I hear she's pretty as a fox and just as quick as one. But maybe not, since she made her last man go gay. I'm not ready to start liking men, unlike Harlan.

...happy.

My time ransacking GAF and colonial outposts in the mile a minute, balls to the wall nonstop adrenaline rush that lasted about three years. Lots of stories came out of that.

...scared.

After the medic.

...angry.

After the medic.

...sad.

After the medic.

The path I've chosen had unforseen consequences. If I could go back and make some better, less destructive decisions, I definitely would.

Good: start talking about the latest power tools for fixing spaceships. Bad: start spouting off about how the colonial skirmishes were somehow a good thing for the galaxy.

When I guess the size of a socket back at the shop and then get it wrong when I finally get to the piece that I am trying to fix. Then I have to go all the way back and get a new socket, only to get it wrong again. WTF. Strangely enough, I keep finding broken windshields every time that happens.

I guess that I have a scientific, mechanical mind, and can see things for how they work, inputs and outputs, actions and consequences.
Back to top Go down
https://ilarp.forumotion.net
Moonpanther

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Wherever the nearest intelligent species other than our own lives. This would give me an opportunity to finally put my theories to practice.

Some slavering monster or homicidal maniac. Anyone who answers with anything that won't potentially kill them clearly has their priorities out of order.

My work. And the human race should be glad that I don't give it up.

This is the most asinine question I have yet to see. I suppose it would be that I'm really my evil twin who also happens to be sent from the future to father myself with my mother's best friend rather than my mother.

A copy of Dreams with Sharp Teeth, a sonic razor, and a fireproof receptacle for burning meaningless questionnaires. The last, of course, can be done outside just as easily.

...happy.

When I was writing my first book.

...scared.

When I went to study an oubliette first hand.

...angry.

Just before I quit my last job with that awful company.

...sad.

This is a meaningless question and I refuse to answer.

I suppose this is where I admit that I rather wish I were a warmer person or some such nonsense. The truth, however, is that there's nothing I feel necessitates change.

One can elicit a good reaction from me by demonstrating that they use their brains for something other than to keep their skulls from caving in. They might elicit a bad reaction by demonstrating that they are as woefully stupid as so many of their fellows.

Willful ignorance. Understanding can be taught to those who don't have it, but directly rejecting intelligence or refusing to accept knowledge means one can never reach their potential, other than the potential to blight society with their insipid, vapid, and generally under-informed "opinions." This is not to say I don't accept opinions other than my own or dislike debate, but a debate requires both sides be knowledgeable about a topic and subscribe to different perspectives, not that one rejects the debate whole cloth.

My intelligence. There is great pleasure in understanding, one that most people experience in regards to one thing or another, but rarely consciously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form   Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questionaire - Isley Psychological Survey Form
Page 1 of 1